I am preparing some slides to be shared with the postgraduate students here as part of the motivation to deal with PhD works.
However, though the steps are followed, it is still not a guarantee to get a PhD but Insha Allah you’ll appreciate this journey and be grateful to ALLAH.
These are some tips:
1. Develop passion, relate the studies to Allah’s knowledge
2. Effective Communication (Writing Skills, Communication Skills, Persuasive Skills, Presentation Skills)
3. Humility and Humbleness win the heart!
4. Organise, organise and organise -> self-discipline
5. Dhuha and Tahajjud prayers keep the momentum of the day
6. Fulfil the rights to the spouse, kids, family members and other people. PhD is a family affair!
7. Perseverance (Al-Baqarah: 286). Keep moving on and persistence!
8. Treat yourselves before moving on. Give a pat on your back -> Take pride of your work
9. If something went wrong, quickly ask forgiveness from Allah and always do ‘muhasabah’.
10. Accept for the fact that no matter how hard you try, if Allah didn’t want you to have it, Allah already made you ready to face the fact that you’ll not get it, but praise Him for the experiences that you encountered throughout the journey. Insha Allah, Allah already destined you for something greater.